From "History of United Brethren Church in Bloomer, Chippewa Co., WI.:
1898: United Brethren in Christ church organizes in Bloomer, WI.
1898: Mary Cain & her husb. Isaac, United Brethren missionaries in Africa with roots in Bloomer, are killed
1901: Congregation reorganizes with 11 charter mbrs. & with funding from the United Brethren Young Peoples Soc. of WI. takes the name Mary Cain Memorial United Brethren Church.
1901: Construction of the church building begins
1902: Church bldg. completed.
1911: 111 Mbrs.
1915: Parsonage completed & dedicated
1916: Hosts WI. United Brethren Annual Conference for the 1st of 4 times
1920: Helen Belle Warren, one of sev. United Brethren women pastors in WI. serves as pastor for 6 months
1921: Choir loft & 2 Sunday School rooms added, basement greatly enlarged, hosts Annual Conference
1933: Hosts Annual Conference
1935: One of the 34 churches in the WI. Conference of the United Brethren in Christ, 119 mbrs.
1940's World War II - Belfry Restyled, new wood floor installed in the basement, & a new piano is purchased. We host Annual Conference in 1944
1946: Evangelical Assoc. & United Brethren in Christ merge to form the Ev. United Brethren Church
1950: 172 mbrs.
1951: Uniting service for the WI. Conferences of the United Brethren.
1952: 50th Anniv. of the church bldg., electrical organ & the 1st of the stained glass windows dedicated, all are installed by 1955
1960: 156 members
1961: Chancel cross & dossal dedicated
1968: Meth. Episc. & Ev. United Brethren churches merge to form the United Meth. Church.
1970: 142 mbrs., new church carpeting, new pulpit furniture, church kitchen updated
1972: New choir pews are bought.
1973: Church entry is enclosed. No more snow or ice on the steps.
1977: Church roof is replaced
1978: Church is re-sided.
1979: New hymnals are bought.
1980: 131 mbrs.
1981: Protective glass is installed over stained glass windows
1983: A new Sunday School Wing is added on.
1984: The United Meth. Church celebrates its Bicentennial
1988: "The Last Supper - Is it I?" presented for the 1st time on Maundy Thursday
1990: 142 Mbrs.
1991: The church adds an elevator making our church handicap accessible.
1994: Front porch on parsonage replaced
1996: We get the new United Meth. Hymnals.
1997: The parsonage is given a major upgrade.
1998: 147 mbrs., pastor's study remodeled, Church celebrates 100 yrs. of ministry on Sept. 9th-20th with guest preacher Bishop Sharon Rader.
1999: The church begins a Long Range Planning process.
2000: Secretary's office is remodeled & extensive landscaping of the church's grounds with help from the Bloomer High Ag program is done.
2001: The church kitchen is remodeled & upgraded.
2002: 170 mbrs. An extensive bldg. program is begun. It expands the sanctuary, adds handicap accessible bathrooms, & expands the total church bldg. by 50%. The Parsonage kitchen is also remodeled & new windows are installed downstairs.
Pastors who have served our congregation & Dates served.
Contributed by Rosemarie Novak
Last Update Wednesday, 01-Sep-2010 14:29:13 EDT
|WIGenWeb State Coordinator:
WIGenWeb Assistante State Coordinator: Marcia Ann Kuehl
Copyright 2010 by the WIGenWeb Team. All rights reserved. Copyright of submitted items belongs to those
responsible for their authorship or creation unless otherwise assigned.