E. P. COPP


From History of Dane County, Wisconsin, publ. by Western Historical Company, Chicago, 1880, page 966

E. P. COPP, jeweler and watchmaker, Madison, Wis.; is the son of Joseph M. and Hannah COPP, and was born in Warren, N.H., Oct. 3, 1833; in the fall of 1849, Mr. C. came with his uncle to Rockton, Ill, where he worked at the jeweler's business until the fall of 1850, when he removed to Madison, Wis., where he finished learning his trade with his uncle, Mr. L. E. BROWN; he then began a repair shop in what is now known as "Brown's block;" afterward going to Iowa, he spent three years in the same business, and then, in 1861, returned to Madison, where he worked for two years at his trade in the employ of Mr. J. W. BECKLEY; at the end of this time. Mr. BECKLEY sold out to Mr. George R. COOK; Mr. COPP continued to work for Mr. B. for several years, indeed was in his employ most of the time up to January 1878, when he opened business for himself at his present stand at No. 4 Washington avenue, Oct. 3, 1867. Mr. C. was married to Miss Josephine R. WOODARD, who was born June 18, 1847; they have three children - Arthur W., Joseph M. and Louise Helen. Mrs. COPP belongs to the Presbyterian Church. Mr. C is a Mason, and also a member of A.O.U.W.


Transcribed and contributed to this site by Carol

 

 

Last Update Monday, 01-Nov-2010 16:46:39 EDT

 Untitled 1

WIGenWeb State Coordinator:  Tina Vickery
WIGenWeb Assistante State Coordinator:  Marcia Ann Kuehl
Copyright 2010 by the WIGenWeb Team.  All rights reserved.  Copyright of submitted items belongs to those
responsible for their authorship or creation unless otherwise assigned.