Thanks very much to Tom, who was interested in this church's history and sent in information he gathered.   The church had many name changes over the years.  Tom also sent in the attached Church History that was prepared by the Cecil church when they were celebrating their 100 year anniversary.

My Mom was baptized in this church in 1918 so I was especially interested in the history.  I did recently contact the church for her baptismal record and they were very nice to work with in getting copies, etc.

St. Johannes Ev. Church, Cecil, Wisconsin


St. John's United Church of Christ, Cecil, Wisconsin



There is a time-worn, hand written document dated the 1st of January, 1877 which calls all men to witness that August Peterman, T. F. Winter, Julius Schwahn, William Gruetzmacher and their successors, or those who would join with them, have “organized themselves into a religious society of the evangelisch, lutherische, St. Joh. Chirch... which society shall be known and incorporated by the name of Ev. St. Johannes Geminde Washington Shawano Co. Wis.” The paper, duly signed by the ones already named and five others; Wilhelm Schmidt, Hermann Wegner, Wilhelm Behnke, Carl Miller, and Gottlieb Rademan— was “signed and acknowledged before me this 11th day of April, A.D. 1879. August Winter, Justice of the Peace.”

In spite of the spelling, the record is clear. But, like everything human, absolute precision seems to be elusive. When a society tries to trace its origins, it almost always runs into that trouble. Who was there? When did they organize? Where did they Meet? There is another document in the church’s possession (dated February of 1877) indicating that August Gipp gave land to the church at Tracy Corners. There is a record, also, that three children were baptized on December 9, 1877 by Pastor J.H.H.B. This must have been Rev. John Bierbaum. The childrens’ names, birthdates and parentage are all recorded. But where did it take place? Tracy Corners? Somewhere there is a memory—and a record—of items like these. But precision is of interest primarily to scientists. But what is important now is the fact of origins and successions and faithful people whose names are written in the Book of Life* Just to recall them is to do them honor. We regret that some information we’d like to have has apparently gone with the lives of those who lived and died in those early years. So this brief account is composed of historical memories of the living and the records preserved from those pioneering days.

St. John’s Church shares with its sister churches a varied history. The congregation itself was made up of German speaking American, farmers who settled in the Town of Washington in the last half of the nineteenth century. The people’s roots were in the Old World. They were the spiritual heirs of Zwingli, the great Swiss reformer. Unlike the earlier migration which brought many German Reformed people to the middle states, Pennsylvania in particular, in the 1700’s, these people were part of that movement which led refugees from Napoleon’s conquests to settle in the Mississippi River valley — from New Orleans to St. Louis and up the Ohio River and other parts of the mid-west. Their development of a denominational life was slow and careful because of their fear of autocratic rule. Fiercely independent and democratic from the start, they none the less possessed firm religious convictions as to the meaning of church life. After several changes of denominational labels the Wisconsin District of the Evangelical Synod of North America in the 1870rs assisted in the establishing of the congregation centered at Tracy Corners in Shawano County. St. John’s church has been a loyal member of that group ever since, even though the denominational name has been changed twice. First there was the change in 1934 to “The Evangelical and Reformed Church”; and then in 1957 to “The United Church of Christ.” It is little wonder that many members are still confused. One Sunday when asked if this was a “Lutheran Church” a member said, “Yes!” 

The Church at Tracy Corners

When we try to re-construct the history of the congregation at Tracy Corners, we are at the mercy of faulty human memories. The records of those years, if there were any, are not available. We know that the pastor lived there; that there was a school; and that there was a cemetery established and still maintained. But there is no firmly fixed memory of the move from Tracy Corners to Cecil. On February 16, 1893 John and Harriet Freeborn sold the congregation the property on which the present building stands in the village of Cecil. But when the first building was built we are not sure. We know that it burned down in March of 1913.

When the decision to move from the country to the village was made, there was a division in the church. Frank Buelow, long time President of the church, described the unhappiness occasioned by that decision. The ancient conflict between "town" and "country" was part of it. The added two miles for some was just too much, and a few families "went Lutheran." We do not have precise records of the move of the pastor to the village, either. Members still living recall receiving their "Instructions" as late as 1926 in the school at Tracy Corners even though the church proper was in Cecil and had been since 1914 when the new building, replaced the one burned down. A parsonage was acquired about 1925 in the village.

The cemetery is still maintained at Tracy Corners. All that can be found of the structure that was on the north side of the county road opposite from and east of the cemetery is a clump of trees and the ruins of a stone foundation. Recently (1973) a census of the graves was made through the good offices of the Shawano County Historical Society. An exhibit is being prepared consisting of color photos of the cemetery and a plat of the area, so that future generations may find graves of their ancestors. Time erodes the surfaces of the grave markers. Already a number of broken stones and illegible names make it difficult if not impossible to identify some graves.

Recent improvements, given as memorials, include a well paid for by a bequest from Sophie Ragsdale (nee Reisner), and an iron gate given by Melvin, Arbutus and Myrtle, children of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Wegner.

Records in the minute book of the council indicate that Ernst Hoppe has cared for the cemetery over many years, since 1941. Appearing in the records, also, are frequent references to the propriety of burying non-members and the fees to be charged for pastoral services. On January 11, 1942, for instance, the congregation repealed a restrictive provision of the by-laws of the constitution. Apparently over the years there were sharp differences of opinion about the matter. One grave is isolated from the others because it was not thought proper the deceased should be buried with the faithful, but at least he should be buried in consecrated soil! The grave is still segregated from the rest.

The Church in Cecil

The modest frame structure which housed the congregation after the move to Cecil had no basement and was heated by a wood burning furnace. In March of 1913, the building burned almost to the ground. The pictures on the back cover (courtesy of Viola Lemke Braatz) show the before and after scene. Hardly anything was saved from the fire, although Ernst Hoppe remembers that the men salvaged the pews.

The congregation decided immediately that they should rebuild, only to make some improvements. They employed a Shawano architect named Fritz to draw plans. This time they would have a basement and they would have a red brick building (only when the time came to get the bricks from Birnamwood, only white ones were available.) They voted — 12 to 3 — to install electricity rather than gas lights. Construction continued through the summer and fall of 1913, and finally the building was dedicated on Sunday, January 25, 1914. The Shawano Advocate, a weekly paper whose January 27, 1914 issue tells the story, reported that several pastors assisted in the "impressive ceremony." Rev. Hiofer of Milwaukee, President of the Wisconsin District; Rev. F. Mohme of Kewaskum, President of the Mission Board; Rev. S. Gonser of Hales Corners, and Rev. Ludwig of Peace Church, Shawano, were the visiting dignitaries. The account went on to say, "At noon an excellent dinner was served to the entire congregation, about 350. The choir of the Peace Church of this city, about thirteen, assisted at the services."

Many changes, improvements and alterations in the building were made over the years. The records do not contain all the debates, but there were many "discussions" preceding each, innovation. The chronicle is interesting:

In 1923, February 11th, the congregation decided to get two church bells, but on March 5 the decision was reversed by a vote of 17 to 8, and one bell was purchased.  At least, we think so. The specifications were for a bell 48 inches in diameter and 1800 pounds in weight at a price of $325 from the Rolymeier Company of Cinncinati, Ohio. There are no minutes recording when the bell was installed. For a long time the tradition was to toll the bell at funerals, and the years of the deceased's life were counted out most solemnly.

In 1938 the church was re-decorated. The building was re-wired, plastered, painted and varnished. New lighting fixtures were installed. There was a lively discussion about putting ornamental tin or plaster on the ceiling. The tin won out. The year before the matter of removing the horse sheds at the rear of the building was discussed and approved except for the wood-shed. Heating the building was a problem. In 1939 the church voted to hold services in the basement if the temperature dropped to zero. We don't know if — when — or how often that happened. That same year the wagon sheds were taken down. A pulpit light was installed. The year before candle sticks on the alter were electrified. At the January, 1937 annual meeting there is a minute which reads, "The shingling of the church roof and taking of the steeple down was discussed." They got around to shingling the roof the following summer, but they left the "steeple as it was" until 1955 at which date the re-roofing, re-decorating, along with further furnace problems was discussed.

The matter of communion cups was a concern for a time. In 1928 the congregation first voted to use the individual cups "if the Ladies Aid will make the provisions." In 1942 thirty-six new communion cups were purchased. The Ladies Aid still making "the provisions." A "reading pulpit" (made and installed in 1936) was replaced by a new lectern in 1946 at which time the pulpit was lowered. New altar and pulpit coverings were purchased that year, also. But the big improvement of 1946 was the purchase of an oil burning furnace.

1948 was a big year for church repairs and changes. The vote was given to tear down the rest of the old sheds and build new rest rooms. We presume that until then the people made do with the familiar facilities enjoyed by the average farmer of the day. The church bought a new 2 manual Wurlitzer organ for $3440. The same year the basement of the church was re-modeled and refinished. The wooden-based floor eventually rotted out, to be replaced in 1974 by a poured concrete floor. Water had come through the walls from the parking lot, and because no drainage provision was made, the floor gave out. The men of the church tore up the old and installed the new, and the women paid for the cement and the tile. Henry Radtke was foreman on the job, and Ruben Schmidt delivered and laid the tile.

It was decided in 1953 to install concrete steps at the rear of the church and to brick in the windows lighting the chancel. Clarence Lemke constructed the forms for the steps and the cement was poured by Clarence Bonnin and Melvin Wegner in two installments, the second being on a Sunday morning at 6:00 A.M. A new front door was installed late 1968 at a cost of $600.

All of these building problems were financial ones as well. The usual pattern of financial support was to levy assessments. Stewardship as we know it today— the idea of proportionate giving, from "each according to his means" — never was accepted by the congregation, so that it became a contest between those who levied the costs and those who refused to pay their "dues." The minutes are constantly complaining about the ones who were in arrears. Many arguments raged over the proper discipline of the delinquents. The assessments were made as a percentage of the dues for special purposes, and they ranged from 20% on the dollar all the way to $1.20 per dollar. During the depression years times were very difficult not only for the building needs but also for the current expenses and ministerial' support. The dues and assessments program wasn't adequate and in 1939 a free-will offering was proposed. A total of $46.40 was received. Denominational leaders tried to get an every member canvass organized, but without success. The church was tempted to go to the Synod for help, but the congregation finally decided to depend upon local efforts. The pastors' salaries were always low, from $1,000 annually in the 1920's to $70 per month in the 30's and 40's. Rev. Mr. Klumb wee the recipient of $80 per month in 1945, and was raised to $100 in 1947, and $150 in 1951. At times the pastor was expected to pay his own utilities, too. Their housing was never luxurious; if you can read between the lines to interpret what went on during the several exchanges of parsonages and frequent references to furnaces and plumbing!

A whole chapter could be devoted to the housing of the pastor. In March 1943 one parsonage was sold for $1,200 and another bought (Ed Zachow's house) for $2,000. In four years a new furnace was added. In April, 1966 during Rev. Donald Schmidt's pastorate, serious discussions began about a new home, and in May the people voted 30 to 2 to proceed. A parsonage committee was named: Fred Karstedt, Jim Mitchell, Bob Schmidt and Marion Read. They presented plans to the congregation with a proposed contract to Rosin of Bonduel for $22,800. But this time, apparently, the realities had surfaced and the people were afraid. The vote to go ahead was a narrow 20 to 17. The old parsonage was sold for $7,250, and further financing was arranged at the local bank for $10,000 at 6V7. for 20 years. Ground was broken at the site given by Fred and Hildegard Bocher on Sunday, Sept. 11, 1967. The house was completed that fall and dedicated in April 1968. The final indebtedness was paid off and the mortgage burned April 20, 1975.

Since the home was built, in addition to normal maintenance, certain changes were made. A cement patio was poured behind the garage by Ruben Schmidt, Henry Radtke and Mr. Hughes. Earlier that year (1974), the same pair during the minister's winter vacation, solved the basement water problem by cutting trenches and installing drainage tiles which were connected to the sump pump.

Women in the Church

It will surprise a stranger to read the record of the early years to find that women are not mentioned. Only men's names appear as prospective members. The assumption we make is that membership was by families. Children were evident — and in great numbers, as you see by the record of baptisms and confirmations. But women's names are recorded only as mothers on the birth records.

They were not given a vote in the church until January 10, 1927. And the custom of putting men or. one side and women on the other in the services lingers in the habit of one of the pioneer families until today.

But though women were relegated in official matters to one side, their influence and support were mighty in deed. The Ladies Aid, or Guild as it is variously called, has had a long and distinguished history. There is some rivalry still between the women and the council as to financial support, to the extent that one Day wonder at times if they belong to the same church!

At a meeting of the Ladies Aid on October 15, 1936 Rev. E. F. Wilking suggested as a money raising event that the ladies serve potato pancakes to the public on Election Day the following month. The ladies went ahead with the idea, assigned responsibility, and the tradition was started. What started out small has now become a very large enterprise, indeed. During 1976 a full page of pictures and text was printed in the Green Bay paper, and the Election Day of November 2nd saw two different TV crews making films to be shown on the Green Bay stations for the evening news.

From the proceeds of the dinners and other events, like the Ice Cream Social, the women have made many and large contributions to the church. Their support went to pay sewer charges when the hook-up was made in 1969, along with the public address system for the sanctuary. When income for the new parsonage started to fall behind in 1970, the women devoted their money and energies to augmenting the building fund. They saved more than $5,000 in order to pay off the mortgage. It is safe to say that without their efforts it would not have happened. In addition, in recent years they contributed the lion's share to black topping the parking lot at the church and the drive-way at the parsonage.

The Potato Pancake dinner on Election Day has become an all-church project now, with many men participating, in the labor and satisfaction.  In most every family makes some contribution in terms of or labor or both.

It is a matter of note that although women gained the vote 50 years after the church was founded, they were given office on the Consistory only in recent years. Viola Lemke Braatz was elected the first woman President of the congregation in 1973.

Pastoral Leadership

The chief person in the congregation is usually the Parson or Pastor, if not by right, by custom. And the German tradition was very strong. An almost reverential attitude accompanied the office. There are times when Herr Pastor deserves the respect -- and usually that was the case back over the 100 year history of St. John's. Of the 22 men who served the congregation, one (Rev. J. H. H. Bierbaum) had two terms of office: 1877-1882, 1886-1895; one there was of whom it was said: "The resignation of the Pastor was not agreeable." and another minute records a vote that the Council should see the Pastor to find out if he "intends to resign as seems to be the wish of most of our members" and one died in office.

Here are the men who served St. John's church:

J. H. H. Bierbaurn 1877-1882
von Bockelmann 18o2-1884
Edward Assmann 1834-18H6
J. H. H. Bierbaum 1006-1895
C. A. Th. Husch 1895-1398
G. Fr. Schuetze 1C9G-19.00
F. K. Neubauer 1901-1902  
Otto Schulz 1903-1905
Paulus Goldstein 1906-1909
H. Schroeder 1909
C. Oberdoerster 1910-1916
G. M. Betz 1917
Heinrich Greuter 1918-1925
Georr.e Eecht 1926-1934
Eugene F. V?i Iking 1934-1942
Geor.-e A. Schultz 1943-1945
Alfred W. Klunb 1945-1951
F. K. Eversman 1951-1953
Roy C. Curless 1959-1902
Donald V,'. Schmidt 1962-1960
Robert C. Hamilton 1967-1970
Harold C. Gridley** 1970-1972
C. Fosberp, Hughes 197?.-
** Supply Minister

Three men have served interim ministries ranging from a few months to several years: Rev. P. Prell (1926) and Rev. A. W. Klumb (1945-1951) were pastors in Shawano. Rev. Harold Gridley served between Mr. Hamilton's departure in September, 1970 until Mr. Hughes came in March, 1972. It is evident that more than half of the men served short terms from 1 to 3 years. The longest term was really two terms because Mr. Bierbaum, the founding pastor, served a second time after an interval of 4 years. Since 1958 the church has received its leadership from non-German speaking pastors, all of whom came from the Congregational side of the United Church of Christ.

Cultural changes take place slowly. The German tongue was used in the early years. Gradually English took over more and more of the services until in January of 1932 at the annual meeting it was voted that in one year they would hold the church service in English on every 1st and 3rd Sunday. The minutes of the meetings were recorded in German until 1934, but instructions were given in English quite early. The first class to be received in English was that of May 16, 1926 by Mr. Prell of Shawano.

Formality of worship was to be expected by the conservative farmers, but it is surprising to note a certain liberty and readiness to make changes. The altar housed a plaster cast figure of Christ which over the years suffered from time and amateur artists who tried to brighten the fading colors. During Mr. Hamilton's years and continuing until the present some desires for change were expressed. The statue was removed and various banners were created to provide esthetic changes in the service. Mary Elyn Griswold has been the leader in this movement. Her centennial banner was introduced just for the occasion.

Each pastor had his own style of ministry. It is, therefore, difficult to accent strengths or weaknesses. Rev. Mr. Oberdoerster will be remembered because of his leadership at the time the building burned and was re-built. Mr. Wilking prompted the beginning of the German Potato Pancake Election Day dinners. Mr. Schmidt stimulated the formation of Trinity United Church of Christ and arranged for the yoked relationship with St. John's. Mr. and Mrs. Hughes used their camera to record many "firsts" in the life of the congregation: Mother-Daughter dinner served by the men; an Ecumenical Women's service, the first in Cecil; the Christmas caroling by the young people along with the Catholic youth from St. Martin's, and the formation of the X.Y.Z. Senior Citizens Club in the church basement.

No complete file of Sunday bulletins can be found. The 75th Anniversary folder and an occasional copy of the printed annual reports are available. The records have been well kept, but whether there was an historical sketch completed (it was devoutly desired for the 75th Anniversary, celebrated in August, 1952) or not, we do not know. When Mr. Hughes came he began the custom of making a permanent file of Sunday bulletins and news-notes. In addition, a pictorial record of various events was included. It is hoped that the notebooks will be as carefully kept as the early minutes were. Some records may have been lost in the fire of 1913, but we cannot tell. Birth and baptismal records seem to be in good order. There is some confusion in the records created by a "double entry" kind of system occasioned by the fact that pastoral records of weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc., from the yoked parishes became inter-woven. One hope of the Centennial Committee is un-realized, namely, to have the old books re-bound.

As we enter our second century we appear at a turning point in St. John's history. The ever increasing costs of maintaining a church without a corresponding increase of membership and financial resources make the future difficult to determine. If St. John's can develop an approach to the un-churched, non-Lutheran, non-Catholic families in the area, there is hope for growth. Until that happy day, we appear to be in a "holding pattern," But just as the church survived the language and identity crisis of the Great War, and the financial stress of the Depression, so we may hope it has the vitality to withstand the peculiar pressures of the present..

From Generation to Generation

People are important. It is relatively easy to account for the physical changes of buildings and grounds, but it is infinitely more difficult to assess the significance of the people who made the church alive. Names make news. Year after year the names of faithful folk are recorded in the minutes of Council, Congregation and Ladies Aid. To call them all to mind is impossible, and to single certain ones out would be unfair to the rest.

St. John's has always been a family-centered church. That fact is dramatically demonstrated in the listing of the children and young people who are in the church today. The number is very small, much to the distress of the old-timers who can recall days when the average age of the families was in the child-bearing years. Every youngster in the church today has a family tree that goes back several generations. Here is the list:

April, Tracy, Kevin and Candy Bonnin, children of Leland and Gloria, grandchildren of Clarence and Leona, great grandchildren of Frank and Amelia Buelow, great, great, grandchildren of William and Caroline Treptow.

Wanda Behnke, daughter of Eva and Robert, granddaughter of Ernest and Asolda Runge, great grand daughter of Henry and Sophie Wegner, great, great granddaughter of Herman and Augusta Wegner, and great, great, great granddaughter of Wilhelmine Zuege Wegner.

Monica, Michael, Marshall and Melanie Juds, children of Howard and Shirley Juds, grandchildren of Olga and Alfred, great grandchildren of August and Augusta Matthews, great, great grandchildren of Gotfried and Kathrina Matthews.

Fredrich and Robert Karstedt, children of Fredrich and Anna, grandchildren of Theodore and Eva, great grandchildren of Richard and Mary Karstedt.

Michael and Mark Mitchell, children of James and Nancy, grandchildren of Ida and Harold Wudtke, great grandchildren of Fred and Matilde Hoppe, great, great grandchildren of Fritz and Freda Moede.

Gerald, Joyce and JoAnn Schneider, children of Kenneth and Arbutus, grandchildren of Robert and Ida Wegner, great grandchildren of Augusta and Herman, great, great grandchildren of Wilhelmine Zuege Wegner.

Steven, Patricia and Thomas, children of Melvin and Shirley Wegner (cousins of the Schneider children) share the same grandparents, Robert and Ida Wegner, great grandchildren of Hermann and Augusta, and great, great grandchildren of Wilhelmine Zuege Wegner.

In the same lineage, descendants of Wilhelmine Zuege Wegner, are Terry Lynn and Connie Sue Wegner, children of Senny and Sandra, grandchildren of Myron and Leona, great grandchildren of Frank and Tillie, great, great grandchildren of Augusta and Herman, and great, great, great grandchildren of Wilhelmine Zuege Wegner.

Dean Seidler, Ronald and Larry, sons of George and Norma, grandsons of Ferdinand and Elsie, great grandsons of Carl and Emilie Seidler.

Kimberly Ann Wright, daughter of Arthur and Ruby, granddaughter of Walter and Esther Gipp, great granddaughter of Frank and Hulda, great, great granddaughter of August and Wilhelmine Gipp.

Tamrnie and Terry Griswold, daughters of Loren and Mary Elyn Griswold, granddaughters of Ed and Laura Weishoff.

Currently, Arbutus Schneider is Sunday School superintendent and Mary Elyn Griswold is youth advisor.

On this Centennial occasion we'd like to list the members of St. John's who are currently active in the order of their confirmation:

1906 Olga Hinkel Page

1907 John Hinkel Olga Matthews Juds Walter H. Kammermann

1909 August Hinkel

1911 Hugo Schmidt William Kamerman

1912 Elsie Rademapn Mueller

1914 Albert Moesch Ernst Hoppe

1919 Esther Thiemer Juedes

1921 Edward Reisner Walter Gipp Irene Baehr Boettcher 1923 Edwin Hoppe

1925 Leona Buelow Bonnin Leon Buelow

1926 Hildegard Mueller Bocher Harvey Kammerman William J. Peterman Henry Giese

1928 Anabel Herman Berg George Wagner Theodore Karstedt Leon Schultz

1929 Ida Hoppe Bloedorn

1930 Edgar Seidler Albert Reisner Norman Herm Angeline Baehr Ebel

1933 Alvin Reisner William Koenig

1936 Lucille Giese Irene Hinkel Herm Orvel Raaths George Herm

1937 Melvin Uegner Helen Norman Ziegler Alice Norman Kammermann George Seidler

1944 Elroy Mueller

1945 Arbutus Wegner Schneider


A. The Centennial Committee; Harvey Kammermann, Melvin and Shirley Wegner, Ruth Luy, Hildegard Bocher, Elmer Lemke and Mary Elyn Griswold

B. Special assignments: Mr. and Mrs. Fred Karstedt for translating German minutes. Mary Elyn Griswold for making the centennial banners and arranging for special music with the youth. The Ladies Guild for arranging for the Homecoming dinner, the pot-luck Sunday lunch, the ladies from Trinity who helped served the dinner

C. Our Special Guests: Rev. Donald W. Hinze, minister of the Northeast Association of the United Church of Christ; Rev. Robert C. Hamilton, Pastor Grace Church, Kohler; Rev. Alfred W. Klumb, retired, Manitowoc; Rev. Harold E. Gridley, DePere, Wisconsin

D. The historical book and news releases: Rev. C. Fosberg Hughes, Pastor; Members of the congregation for old prints and pictures; Mr. Elmer Lemke for work on the cemetery records.

E. Donors of special funds to defray costs of the Centennial program; Freda Pederson; M/Ms Harvey Kammermann; M/Ms Ed. Reisner; Doug Hoppe; Helen Ziegler; William Koenig; M/Ms Henry Rollmann; Leona Wegner; M/Ms R. L. Schmidt; Edwin Hoppe; M/Ms L. Braatz; M/Ms Mike Page; M/Ms Marvin Berg; Walter Kammermann; M/Ms Melvin Wegner; Ruth Luy; Hildegard Bocher; M/Ms George Wagner; M/Ms Jim Mitchell; M/Ms K. Schneider; Leona Bonnin; M/Ms George Seidler; Elsie & Elroy Mueller; Leo Buelow; Dorothy Koenig Schmidt; Elise Koenig Kanaz; Lora Jacobs; Irene Boettcher; M/Ms Leland Bonnin; Alvin Reisner; M/Ms Leon Schultz; Arnold Seidler; M/Ms Bill Kamerman; M/Ms Loren Griswold; Jim Ziegler; Joe Peterman; Rose Nuhlicek; Jeanette Natzke Raaths