"History of Lincoln, Oneida, and Vilas Counties Wisconsin"
Compiled by George O.Jones, Norman S. McVean and Others.
Printed in 1924 by H.C.Cooper. Jr. & Co., Minneapoli-Winona MN. ill.
787 pages. The first two hundred pages are history of the three
counties, the remainder of the book is biographies.
Krueger, William F. an active and well known farmer of the town of Schley, the proprietor of 200 acres of land, and who is also engaged in the silver black fox raising business, was born in Watertown, Wis., Sept. 22, 1889, son of August and Wilhelmina (DRAGER) KRUEGER. The parents, who were natives of Germany, came to America in the late 60's, Watertown, Wis., being their first place of settlement in this country. There August KRUEGER did common labor until 1891. He then came to Lincoln County with his family and started a farm, buying 80 acres of timber land in Section 10, town of Corning. He developed a fine farm there on which he subsequently resided until his death on March 14, 1907. His wife did not long survive him, passing away July 10, 1908. They were the parents of six children: Martha, now Mrs. George FREDRICK of the town of Corning; Anna, wife of Gustav KUDICK of Lemon, S. D.; Max of Merrill, Wis.; Arthur, a farmer in the town of Corning; Charles, of Thunderhawk, S. D.; and William F. William F. KRUEGER acquired his elementary education in the district schools of the town of Corning, this county, and for one year subsequently was a student in the Lutheran college at New Ulm, Minn. His mother's death, however, in 1908 obliged him to give up the idea of further pursuing his education and for the next two years he was engaged in farm labor. In 1910 he purchased 120 acres of land in the town of Corning, on which he did some clearing. After his marriage in 1913 he bought 120 acres in Section 23, town of Schley, and in 1920 bought an additional tract of 80 acres, which give him a total of 200 acres in the town of Schley. His improvements include a fine concrete-block house, 24 x 36 feet, of six rooms and modern equipment which he built in 1916, and a barn 30 x 74 feet, with the Star barn equipment and a James ventilator, built in 1922. He has cleared 25 acres of his land, has 15 acres under the plow and is engaged in mixed farming and dairying. In 1920 he entered into the fox raising industry which he is making a specialty, and at present has seven silver black foxes. His place is known as the Lincoln Fox and Dairy Farm. Mr. KRUEGER was married in the town of Merrill, May 17, 1913, to Hattie PLAMANN, daughter of Otto and Ulreka (LAAK) PLAMANN, who are farmers in that town. This union has been blessed with six children, Rose, Clarence, Lawrence, Earl, Luellen and Grace. The family are members of the German Lutheran Church.
Transcribed by Susan Swanson, from pages 631;
History of Lincoln, Oneida and Vilas Counties Wisconsin;
Compiled by George O. Jones, Norman S. McVean and Others
1924, H. C. Cooper, Jr. & Co
You are our
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Visitor --Thanks for Stopping By.
© Copyright: All files on this website are protected by
the US Copyright Law, Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998,
they are not to be copied or altered in any way for commercial use.
Individuals may copy the information for their personal use.
WIGenWeb Oneida and Vilas County Coordinator