"History of Lincoln, Oneida, and Vilas Counties Wisconsin"
Compiled by George O.Jones, Norman S. McVean and Others.
Printed in 1924 by H.C.Cooper. Jr. & Co., Minneapoli-Winona MN. ill.
787 pages. The first two hundred pages are history of the three
counties, the remainder of the book is biographies.
Krupp, Frank W. who has been in business at Minocqua since 1909, was born in the town of Maple Grove, Shawano County, Wis., Dec. 28, 1876, son of William and Iona (ROBINSON) KRUPP. The mother was born in New York State and the father in Germany; the latter came with his parents to the United States in 1867, and in his boyhood days worked in Oshkosh and Green Bay, his family having settled in Shawano County, this state. William KRUPP and Iona ROBINSON were married at Oshkosh and later settled on a farm in Shawano County, where they remained until 1882, in which year they went to Elk Point, S. D. After remaining at Elk Point for 15 years they returned to Wisconsin, locating in turn in Oconto County, at St. Croix, in Price County, and in 1909, in Oneida County. Here the father purchased a tract of 37 acres of land just south of the village of Minocqua, where he has since carried on truck farming, at the same time operating a fleet of rowboats which he rents to tourists. Seven children were born to these parents, as follows: Gertrude, who is now Mrs. A. K. DEWICK of Port Washington, Wis.; Frank W., subject of this sketch; Emma, now Mrs. H. G. PETERSON, of Port Washington; Clara, also of Port Washington, the wife of E. G. GOLDSMITH; Edith, deceased; Abbie, who is Mrs. C. A. SCHOFFER of Hazelhurst, Wis.; and Earl, who is living at home. Frank W. KRUPP received his education in Shawano County and at Elk Point, S. D., remaining at home until he was 19 years of age. In 1892 he enlisted in the army at Ft. Snelling, Minneapolis, but because of illness was discharged several months later. He then took up stationary engineering and in 1897 went to Oconto Falls as engineer for the Falls Manufacturing Co., remaining with them in that capacity for seven years, after wich he went to Pawaska, Mich., and installed the engines and steam fittings in the paper mill there. He returned to Oconto Falls for a short time in 1905 and then went to Rhinelander, working on the Rhinelander Paper Mill, and from there to Tigerton. After two years at the latter place in the employ of the Badger Lumber Co. he went to Munising, Mich., where he worked for the Foster Lumber Co. In 1908 he went to Merrill and spent a short time there in the employ of the Merrill Plumbing and Heating Co., and in 1909 he came to Minocqua and established the plumbing and heating supplies business which he has since conducted, handling, among other lines in this connection, the Monarach water system and the Western Electric lighting plant. He is affiliated fraternally with the Woodmen of the World and the Masons and is one of the enterprising and progressive merchants that are bringing the village to the fore in the commercial field. Mr. KRUPP was married at Menomonie, Mich., July 9, 1907 to Theresa BOHMAN, daughter of George and Louise (DICK) BOHMAN. Mrs. KRUPP'S father is now deceased, and her mother makes her home with her children. A daughter, Lucille, was born to Mr. and Mrs. KRUPP on June 16, 1908. The family belong to the Methodist Church and are highly valued members of the social life of the community.
Transcribed by Susan Swanson, from pages 634-635;
History of Lincoln, Oneida and Vilas Counties Wisconsin;
Compiled by George O. Jones, Norman S. McVean and Others
1924, H. C. Cooper, Jr. & Co
You are our
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Visitor --Thanks for Stopping By.
© Copyright: All files on this website are protected by
the US Copyright Law, Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998,
they are not to be copied or altered in any way for commercial use.
Individuals may copy the information for their personal use.
WIGenWeb Oneida and Vilas County Coordinator