Faith & Apostolic Lutheran Cemeteries
Maple, Douglas County, WI
- Date: August 29, 2001
- Transcriber: Judith Mooney Lindgren Copyright 2004.
- Recorded: All visible headstones were recorded.
- Address: County Road F
- Directions: Take south Hwy 2 to east Hwy 13 from Superior to County Road F, turn south (right) go about 1 mile to cemeteries located on left side of road.
- Faith Lutheran Church owns Faith Luther Cemetery
- Apostolic Lutheran Church owns Apostolic Lutheran Cemetery
- John Autio (715) 363-2335 (Apostolic)
- Jim Bichanich (715) 375-2379 (Faith)
- Condition: This cemetery is mowed, has no trees. Stones are in good shape none broken.
This cemetery is made up of two different cemeteries.
(It looks as though it were all one cemetery.) Apostolic Lutheran Church is just down the road a few blocks and from new information acquired it is used at least once a month for services. There is a new Church further into Maple.
- Faith Lutheran
is on the left side and is the newest section.
- Apostolic Lutheran is
on the right side and is the old cemetery, which was recorded in
Finnish in the Sexton's book.
You can tell which cemetery each person is buried in by looking at the
map of locations.
Faith & Apostolic Lutheran Cemetery map