Superior, Douglas County, WI
- Date: May 29, 2001 thru August 24, 2001
- Transcriber: Judith Mooney Lindgren Copyright 2004.
- Recorded: All visible headstones were recorded.
- Address: 8402 Tower Ave, Superior, WI 54880
- Directions: South from Village of Superior on Highway 35 for about 4 miles, cemetery located on right, a small building on your left, where all the records are kept. This is the largest cemetery in Douglas County and it is recorded in blocks.
- Owner: Cemetery Association
- Contacts Lu Leedahl (715) 392-2837
- Office Hours 9:00am to 12:00pm & 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Condition: Very well maintained on a daily basis. Lots of trees. A pleasure to visit this cemetery.
- History: Founded in 1900 and is a non-profit, non-sectarian and perpetual care cemetery. It has a Veteran Memorial Park and a Cremorial Park in which
is erected a Granite Columbarium in 1999. This is a vast cemetery which can expand in the future, across the highway when needed. It also contains more than
19,000 people, some 5,000 of whom do not have headstones, to my dismay.
Greenwood Cemetery Cemetery map